What I desperately wanted was to...
• love my body
• feel comfortable in my clothes
• walk into a room feeling confident and beautiful
• LIKE healthy food rather than eating it just because I should
• have the health, energy and drive to follow my passions
• find that spark and creativity again
• feel alive, free and full of JOY!
And I Got It!
I’m just a carefree, country girl at heart, trying to find balance in this crazy modern day life. I grew up on a wheat farm in North Dakota (kind of ironic that I’m gluten intolerant!). I was raised on homemade bread, local beef and garden fresh vegetables mixed in with a few novelty items such as “boughten” bread (bread that you buy in a store), Cheese Whiz and Spam. Can you believe I actually liked Spam, fried and coated with saltine crackers? GEEZ!! I jumped on the health bandwagon about mid-way through college and was feelin’ pretty fantastic until….
Something gradually began to shift as the years went on. My diet was pretty healthy (so I thought), but I started to develop a few health issues which left me feeling lethargic, toxic, bloated, and with constant stomach pain (Uffda...laying in bed is getting really old now). My determination to regain my health and have FUN again led me to my training at NTI (Nutrition Therapy Institute).
My passion for food and healthy clean living exploded. Through my studies, along with plenty of dietary experimentation, numerous amounts of research, and really listening to my gut, I became clear about my food intolerances. I kicked gluten, dairy and eggs (MY trigger foods), fell in love with avocados, kale and coconut, and found a few soul-nourishing practices that made me come alive. I’ve learned what foods best suit me and how much “wiggle” room I have so that I can maintain my health and still enjoy some of my favorite things, like espresso, red wine and chocolate. Oh ya, and I’ve learned not to feel guilty about it…EVER!
- your weight won't budge even through you've tried every trick in the book to lose it
- your muffin top keeps increasing in size
- your blood sugar is on a roller coaster and you can't find a way off (leaving you shaky, jittery, crabby and ravenous)
- you've been diagnosed with a serious health condition and you're scared and confused about what protocol to follow
- your hormones are making you feel like Dr. Jekyll & Mr. Hyde
- you've lost that spark that makes you feel wild, free, confidant and alive
...Then you're in the right place. I've got the training, personal experiences, tools and support to teach,
inspire, motivate and guide you on your personal journey.
Head on over to my services page and see how we can get started TODAY!
Would you like to know more about my training?
- Nutrition Therapy Institute, Denver, CO Certified Nutrition Therapist
- School of Healing Arts, SD, CA Holistic Health Practitioner & Licensed Massage Therapist
- North Dakota State University, B.S. Corporate Wellness
- Master Yoga Academy, SD, CA Hatha Yoga Instructor Certification
- Mastering the Thyroid by Dr. Datis Karrazian, January 2010
- Functional Blood Chemistry Analysis by Dr. Datis Karrazian, March 2010
- Functional Endocrinology by Dr. Datis Karrazian, July 2010
- Understanding the Complexity of Gluten Sensitivity by Dr. Shane Steadman, February 2011
- Breaking the Complex Web of Leaky Gut by Dr. Michael J. Pierce, March 2011
- Neurotransmitters and Brain by Dr. Michael J. Pierce, April 2011
- The Brain Gut Axis & Clinical Applications by Dr. Shane Steadman, April 2011
- Functional Bio-AnalysisModule 1 by Dr. Scott Monk, June 2011
- Gluten, Leaky Gut, Autoimmune Connection by Dr. Shane Steadman, April 2013
- Teach the Hormone Cure Certification by Dr. Sara Gottfried, May 2014
In addition to my private practice, I was honored to work with Kaiser Permanente’s Centers for Complementary Medicine (CCM) as their nutrition therapist from 2012 - 2015. I acquired valuable experience working with many chronic diseases and health conditions such as cancer, diabetes, autoimmune disease, hormonal imbalances, digestive disorders, depression, anxiety, and chronic pain.